Wednesday, November 15, 2017

drawstring sunglasses case for dad

Dad requested a drawstring sunglasses case. His sunglasses' curved shape means they don't fit in regular cases, and Dad wanted a soft case with soft insides. He didn't care what it looked like at all, which was fun from my end. I don't have the manliest selection of fabrics but green and blue both make me think of Dad, so I used leftover green leaf cotton print from this quilt, flannel scraps from this stripy Scout tee, and blue ties from this Noodlehead tote. (I'd had this harebrained scheme to sew a set of ties inside the tote to hold my water bottle upright, but after making the ties I decided to leave them out. They found a home here!)

It was interesting to try to construct something three dimensional for a three dimensional object without a pattern! Dad did shorten the ties from how long they are in these photos. He seems pleased with the case and says the bright color means it is easy to find. 



No comments:

Post a Comment