Wednesday, November 22, 2017

scrappy attic windows quilt for l + p

This quilt has been almost a year in the making. I got the fabric last year at the late, lamented Thimble Pleasure's closing sale. The pattern is the Scrappy Attic Windows quilt by Sunny in Cal. This is a lap quilt for couple friends, so it's sized to cover shoulders to toes of two people sharing a couch. (It's not one of the regular sizes in the pattern.) I rarely quilt with solids but the pale, steely gray background fabric and all of the cool-colored solids really seemed like the right fit for these particular friends. Suzan and Mark from Singing Stitches Quilting Studio did the longarm quilting, which I just adore. They are lovely people and I enjoyed picking thread and a quilting pattern with them. I hope this quilt will keep my friends cozy for a long time.





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Linda. Such precise points and accurate seam matches add to the wonderful colors in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete