Monday, May 29, 2017

new look 6262 in cotton and rayon

I started this New Look dress pattern (6262) by sewing up a bodice muslin with my wonderful sewing teacher. Then, I made a wearable muslin using cotton from Cotton + Steel's Cat Lady fabric by Sarah Watts. Finally, I sewed up a flowy rayon dress out of Cotton + Steel's Les Fleurs line with Rifle Paper. I made some bodice adjustments, scooped out the neckline, and added pockets. I also lengthened the sleeves in the rayon version, and that dress is a little shorter. It is more work to make a muslin, but nice to have a fun kitty cat dress, and useful to make most of my fitting errors in the easier-to-unpick cotton fabric.