Monday, December 10, 2012

mom's quilt in process

After designing fabric and getting it printed by spoonflower (the robins, robins' eggs, and birthday wishes text fabric for the center squares), the quilt moved forward. (The finished quilt is here.)

Here I had cut strips, laid out all 24 squares,
then put them in ordered piles for piecing.

I arranged the finished squares, sewed
them in rows, then sewed rows together.

Here I went into some kind of sewing trance
and sewed four rows wrongly together with
the two remaining rows, so I lost my
diagonal stripes. I then sewed a white boarder
on before noticing my error. Lots of seam ripping.

At this point I had basted the quilt (arrow), drawn on
the pattern in quilting pencil (circled areas), then
quilted a square spiral pattern. I used coral thread
for the coral/red squares, and teal for the teal squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment