Monday, January 2, 2012

new favorite thing

My quilt is finished! I had it quilted professionally (the pattern I chose is called 'fern') and then I finished up the binding just before the new year. I am so pleased with the quilt. It has a thick wool batting, so it is very warm, and long enough to be a good couch blanket.

For in process views of this quilt, you can check out early fabric sorting and cutting, finished squares for the quilt front, and the sewn together front and back. I originally made the quilt back too small, so I added more lavender fabric to both ends. In doing so I ended up removing the larger white squares from either end of the rows of small squares, which is why the back looks a bit different in the finished quilt.

This quilt pattern is called Floral Bouquet and is from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.
















No comments:

Post a Comment