Wednesday, September 28, 2011

water lilies quilt (in process #1)

I suddenly realized that since this in process quilt is not a gift but is actually for me, I could show photos along the way. This is officially the 'Floral Bouquet' quilt from the Jelly Roll Quilts book, but I think it looks like water lilies. The final quilt will have 39 flower squares, all set on point (at an angle). The arrangement I have photographed of the first 11 is not a final placement. My railing has become a color sorting dock, and my dining table has become a square staging area.




2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! How large will the finished quilt be, and have you decided how you're going to quilt it? Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! The finished size is 60 x 88." I am still thinking about whether I'll try to hand quilt it or will get it quilted. I may wait until the piecing is finished so I have a more realistic idea of how long it would take to hand quilt, and whether doing so sounds fun or crazy at that point.

    ReplyDelete