Monday, May 29, 2017

new look 6262 in cotton and rayon

I started this New Look dress pattern (6262) by sewing up a bodice muslin with my wonderful sewing teacher. Then, I made a wearable muslin using cotton from Cotton + Steel's Cat Lady fabric by Sarah Watts. Finally, I sewed up a flowy rayon dress out of Cotton + Steel's Les Fleurs line with Rifle Paper. I made some bodice adjustments, scooped out the neckline, and added pockets. I also lengthened the sleeves in the rayon version, and that dress is a little shorter. It is more work to make a muslin, but nice to have a fun kitty cat dress, and useful to make most of my fitting errors in the easier-to-unpick cotton fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Linda! It is hard to resist the urge to skip the muslin but well worth the effort. It's great that you have someone to help you with the fittings. Those dresses will serve you well for the summer and beyond.