Tuesday, January 19, 2016

the great wall of carrboro

When my Dad and I planned to edge the beds around my house, I don't think either of us expected the project to be this epic. You can see from the before photos how much we ended up extending the curves from our original measurements. When we first brought the concrete pavers and bags of sand back from the store and piled them neatly around the house, it was right before a predicted hurricane. I was convinced my neighbors thought I was preparing for the cutest, tiniest disaster ever.

After many sessions of digging, pouring sand, and perfecting curves, we now have the prettiest stone wall in the history of time. We seriously upped the cute, cottagey quotient of my house, and it's nice to plant in places where I know nobody will mow. The yard will only look happier as the beds fill in.


















No comments:

Post a Comment