Friday, December 19, 2014

navy corduroy pleated skirt with pockets

This skirt is McCall's M5591 (I made version B without the sash and belt loops.) The pattern is out of print because I bought it five years ago to make a skirt out of some family tartan (the Graham Montrose) my grandmother brought back from Scotland maybe 30 years ago. So this skirt is a bit of a muslin; I will make it again in the wool plaid. Although it is also a skirt in its own right, cozy and great with a sweater (or a flannel herringbone top.)

The fabric is a silky soft fine wale corduroy, lined with rayon. The rayon was a beast to cut and sew; it may be a while before I want to sew something other than a lining out of rayon. The lining is gathered instead of having pleats, which makes the skirt nice and swishy. The skirt has pockets and I even cut an extra set out of this navy corduroy to use with the wool skirt.







No comments:

Post a Comment