Sunday, August 5, 2012

tomato-palooza

Tis the season to be buying huge boxes of tomatoes at the market (unless you are growing them in your own yard, which is awesome...I don't have a yard.) This year all of my gorgeous tomatoes came from Castlemaine Farm, along with basil and tiny adorable onions from several local folks, garlic from Perry-winkle Farm, and thyme from my parents' yard. This year I made a giant batch of tomato sauce for pasta, a roasted tomato sauce recipe (which gets food milled after the roasting) from a canning class with April McGregor, and Alice Waters' tomato soup (which is pictured until right before the blender stage). I can't decide if there is still ketchup on my tomato horizon.






















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment